Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another Crazy Quilting diamond

This diamond was made for a project initated by the CQfornewbees group.
  It needed to be made with bright happy colors.  



Below is the top of the diamond. Because the blue fabric has butterflies on it, I decided to
try my hand at the Satin stitch and make a pretty butterfly.  
It didn't come out to bad, but I know I still need lots of practice.


The heart below is made using the Basque stitch and filled in with a Lattice stitch 
that is couched down with yellow thread at the intersections.  The yellow stitching
around the heart consists of lazy daisy stitch (3 leaves) and stem stitch (Curly "S').
The curly Ss are tiny and I just love the stem stitch with tiny stitches.  
I like how this RED heart looks on the green background.


I hope you've enjoy these photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment