Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mud Runs

Tough Mudder NE 2012 crew
~ me on the right ~

What's a mud run you ask?  It is an obstacle course with lots of mud!  The distance varies anywhere from 3 miles to marathon distances.  I tend to go for ones around 5 miles or less because I'm in it for the fun mostly and because that's all my old knees can handle!

I have 2 Tough Mudders (New England), 3 Ruckus events, 1 Spartan Sprint, and 2 Rugged Maniacs under my belt.  So I asked myself....what else can I add to that list???  Why a Spartan trifecta medal of course!!!

Tough Mudder NE 2011
~ eight foot wall ~

So, this year I have decided to try and acquire the Spartan trifecta medal!  That means I need to complete one of each of the 3 Spartan races:  sprint, super and a beast - with in one year!  Most of my crazy mud running friends have jumped on the bandwagon and are in it with me.  Erica won't be joining us because she doesn't want to over train cuz she has her sights set on a mid level triathalon - so impressive!!  The rest of us are signed up for the Spartan Super in Montreal on June 30th, the Spartan Sprint in Amesbury Ma on Aug 11 and the Spartan BEAST!!! on Sept 21 (I think that's the date, gotta double check).  We are very excited and not surprisingly a bit tentative for the BEAST.

Ruggged Maniac 2012
~ slide ~
~ low crawl under barbed wire ~



Spartan Super in Montreal on June 30th:  is a 8 mile course.  Although I think it will be closer to 10 miles.  Time will tell.  This year I hope to accomplish the rope climb. I was unable to do this obstacle:  I was too tired by the time I got to it in the past.  I have been working on strengthening my shoulders and upper body!!


I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment